Here’s what we learned about the Chicago Blackhawks last night.
1. On The Road You Can’t Take Periods Off- If the Hawks had played the entire game like they did in the third period the outcome of the game would have been different. This isn’t February and I thought this team had learned their lesson after playing Detroit. To win on the road in the playoffs you have to play a 60 minute game, and on Tuesday night in the Staples Center the Hawks managed to play only 20.
2. Where are The Stars? No we saw plenty of pictures of Jim Belushi, Tom Cruise, and the ancient Al Michaels, why has the Hawks superstars disappeared for most of the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs. With a Hawks win Thursday night they could put a stranglehold on the Western Conference Finals, so any day that Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, and Marian Hossa want to show why they are superstars would be appreciated.
3. Bryan Bickell will be wearing another uniform next year…maybe. Bickell has been in the organization for 6 years now so sometimes players are comfortable in their situation and will take the hometown discount. More than likely with every playoff goal Bickell’s agent is the one cheering the loudest because Bickell has transformed into the big body the Hawks have been missing since 2010.
4. The Kings are a different team in LA- The Kings looked like a new team wearing their home black jerseys. They looked fast and were able to pressure the Hawks for two periods. Jonathan Quick looked like his old self (Facing 3 shots in a period helps) . With all of this the Kings only won by a goal after playing by far their best game of the series. If the Hawks come out in Game 4 and play their game they could make this a short series, if not we will be looking at more old out of work stars in Game #6!
5. Keith doesn’t play well with others- Keith has become Mr. Retaliation. First Daniel Sedin felt it with his elbow after getting hit Keith first, and now Keith sits for a game because he didn’t like the slash from Jeff Carter. This is hockey drop the gloves and fight but stop using other parts of your body and equipment to do the talking.
What do you think? What would you add to this list?
For more Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our new Facebook page at Blackhawkup