The Chicago Blackhawks face the Boston Bruins in the Stanley Cup Finals that begin Wednesday night! Here are some quick thoughts about the Eastern Conference Champion Boston Bruins.
1. Tuuka Rask is Quick Like in 2013. Rask is 12-4 with a 1.76 Goals against average and .943 Save percentage. He really has only had one bad game their only loss in the last two rounds against the New York Rangers. Rask has a very solid defense in front of him but when the puck has been on net Rask has turned away almost all attempts including two shut outs in the Conference Finals.
2. They have looked Defeat in The Face Too- The Bruins were down 4-1 in Game #7 of their first round series against the Toronto Maple Leafs and found the heart of a champion and were able to tie the Leafs in regulation and win it in overtime. Both the Bruins and Blackhawks have seen their championship dreams on the brink and have been able to survive and advance to the Finals.
3. Patrice Burgeron Vs Jonathan Toews- These two are both teams best faceoff players and Bergeron leads all skater with the most faceoff wins with 210. This will be a huge factor if the series turns defensive and faceoffs in your own zone become Bigger than ever.
4. The Bruins are rested- The Bruins after going 7 games against the Maple Leafs in the first round have only played 9 games to dispose of the Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins. The Bruins will be rested and highly confident when they take the ice at the United Center on Wednesday night. The Hawks have played 12 games in the last two series including two series clinching overtime battles.
5. Brad Marchand is The Bruins Andrew Shaw- Marchand is a tough little guy that isn’t afraid of anything and his play can dictate the play of the Bruins. Just like Shaw he can play to the line and sometimes crosses it. The winner of this battle could be the deciding factor in which team ends up hoisting the Cup at the end of the Finals series.
What Thoughts do you have going into the Stanley Cup Finals?
For more Blackhawks conversation and updates follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our new Facebook page Blackhawkup.