With the NHL schedule released this week, here is a look at the prospective top 10 Blackhawks games of the 2013-2014. There are five eastern conference opponents and five western conference opponents.
The choice for the first game was difficult but I went with:
- 1. Tuesday October 1st Chicago Blackhawks VS the Washington Capitals- The opponent doesn’t make it a must see game, although Alexander Ovechkin is amazing. This game is about opening the season as the defending Stanley Cup Champions and raising the banner to the rafters.
- Saturday March 1st Chicago Blackhawks VS Pittsburgh Penguins at Soldier Field-this game is part of the NHL outdoor series. This is a marquee matchup between two of the NHL’s best. This game features Kane, Toews, Crosby, and Malkin. The stars come out to play in this game, look for the team with the most stars to shine brightest.
- 3. Sunday January 19th Chicago Blackhawks VS Boston Bruins- This is a rematch of the Stanley Cup Finals! Chicago VS Boston, look for this to be one of the highest rated games of the year.
- Wednesday October 9th St. Louis Blues VS the Chicago Blackhawks- After two home games to kick off the season, this is the first true road test for the Blackhawks. St. Louis will be looking to prove they belong among the elite in the Western Conference.
- Sunday December 15th Chicago Blackhawks VS the LA Kings- This a rematch of the Western Conference finals and the first time the Kings come to the United Center this season.
- 6. Sunday March 16th Chicago Blackhawks VS Detroit Red Wings- With the Red Wings moving to the Eastern Conference, the Blackhawks faithful won’t be able to cheer Detroit sucks as often as before. This is still a must see rivalry game.
- 7. Saturday November 23rd Vancouver Canucks VS the Chicago Blackhawks- The Blackhawks VS Canucks is always must see hockey especially with Luongo in the net. This game also takes place during the famed Circus trip for the Blackhawks.
- 8. Wednesday February 5th Anaheim Ducks VS the Chicago Blackhawks- According to the odds makers the Ducks are 9-1 favorite to win the Western Conference, plus they were the two seed in the Western conference last season. This should be a well played game by both teams.
- 9. Friday January 3rd New Jersey Devils VS the Chicago Blackhawks- This will be the last chance the Chicago Blackhawks get to take shots on the Legendary Martin Brodeur. Does anyone remember the shootout in 2010 VS New Jersey?
- 10. Saturday February 1st San Jose Sharks VS the Chicago Blackhawks- A rivalry game between the two top teams in the Western Conference, should be a great game in the Shark tank.
Honorable mentions: Feb 27th Rangers VS Blackhawks, Oct 28th Wild VS Blackhawks, Dec 11th Blackhawks VS Flyers
Looking to see the Blackhawks defend their Stanley Cup title in 2013? Check out Gold Coast for all your 2013 Chicago Blackhawks tickets.