No player has been assigned #36 yet since Dave Bolland was traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs on June 30th.
1. Mike Rucinski-1989 Rucinski played 1 game with the Blackhawks and in the NHL without recording a point.
2. Jimmy Waite-1991 Waite played for the Blackhawks with different numbers but the first was #36. Waite had a record of 22-36-8 for the Hawks before moving to the Phoenix Coyotes. Waite was the choice for a backup behind Ed Belfour instead of Dominik Hasek.
3. Alexi Zhamnov-1998 Zhamnov also wore #26 and #13 with the Hawks during his tenure which lasted from 1996-2004, and while I never liked him because he was in the trade for Jeremy Roenick he also was traded for the eventual rights to 2013 playoff hero Bryan Bickell in 2004, so the 6 degrees of Zhamnov finished well in the end for the Blackhawks.
4. Chris Herperger-2001 Herperger played 70 games for the Blackhawks scoring 10 goals and 15 assists before signing as a free agent with the Ottawa Senators
5. Mikhail Yakubov-2004 Yakubov played in 40 contests for the Blackhawks picking up 2 goals and 9 assists. Yakubov played 13 more NHL games with the Florida Panthers.
6. Matthew Barnaby-2005-2006 Barnaby signed as a free agent and played one 82 game season with the Blackhawks scoring 5 goals and 20 assists. Barnaby played 834 career games in the NHL scoring 113 goals and 187 assists.
7. Dave Bolland 2007-2013 Bolland until June 30th had spent his entire career with the Blackhawks. There was a real love/hate relationship at times for the fans and Bolland. He was a serious playoff gamer, but somehow could disappear during the regular season. In 332 career regular season games he scored 70 goals and 98 assists with a +33 rating. He played 67 playoff games which included two Stanley Cups picking up 17 goals and 26 assists. Bolland went out with a bang scoring the second goal in the greatest 17 seconds in Blackhawks history!
Only 36 Days Left until another Stanley Cup Banner heads to the rafters!