Johnny Oduya is the current Blackhawk wearing #27. After being considered a minor deal at the 2012 trade deadline, Oduya has been a calming figure for the Blackhawks defense while giving the coaching staff the ability to play all 3 defensive pairings anytime while evening out the minutes especially for Duncan Keith. Oduya has only lost 9 regular season games since being traded to Chicago. Oduya has 4 goals and 19 assists since coming to Chicago and last season led the team in the playoffs in the +/- category with a +12. Oduya and the entire defensive unit have been brought back to solidify the defense while the Blackhawks break in some youth on the offensive end.
1. Bobby Sheehan-1976 Sheehan played one season with the Hawks scoring 11 goals and 20 assists before heading to the Detroit Red Wings.
2. Jeff McDill-1977 McDill only played one game in the NHL and that was with the Hawks, during that game he didn’t crack the scoresheet.
3. Michel Archambault-1977 Archambault made it to the NHL for only 3 games and all he has to show for it is a -3.
4. Jean Savard-1978-1979 Savard played in 43 games with the Hawks picking up 7 goals and 13 assists. This was Savard’s only NHL experience.
5. Darryl Sutter-1980-1987 The Captain of the Blackhawks and the oldest of all the Sutters played 8 seasons with the Hawks during the 80’s. In his 406 games wearing #27 for the Blackhawks he scored 161 goals and 118 assists.
6. Rick Vaive 1988-1989 Vaive played 876 games in the NHL scoring 441 goals and 337 assists. He played 96 out of his 876 games in a Chicago sweater scoring 55 goals and 49 assists.
7. Jeremy Roenick-1989-1997 J.R. ranks 8th all-time on the Blackhawks scoring list while only playing in 524 games before being traded to the Phoenix Coyotes. Roenick scored 267 goals and 329 assists while having a career +117. Roenick led the Hawks all the way to the 1992 Stanley Cup Finals which was the only Finals appearance by the Hawks in my lifetime until the 2010 Stanley Cup Championship.
8. Todd Simpson-2006 Simpson played 45 games with the Blackhawks picking up 3 assists in Chicago.
9. Craig McDonald-2007 McDonald played 25 games with the Hawks scoring 3 goals and 2 assists before moving on to the Tampa Bay Lightning.
10. Andrei Zyuzin-2008 Zyuzin played the final 42 games of his 496 NHL game career scoring 2 goals and 3 assists with the Blackhawks.
11. Pascal Pelletier-2009 Pelletier played 7 games with the Hawks with only a -4 to show for his NHL career.
12. Jeremy Morin-2011 Morin has worn 27 and 11 with the Hawks. He has played 15 NHL games with the Hawks scoring 3 goals and 2 assists. Many are looking forward to Morin to make a huge charge in training camp to become a regular on the 2013-2014 Blackhawks.
Plenty of #27’s in Blackhawks history, which one is your favorite?
For more Blackhawks conversation and updates follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like us on Facebook at Blackhawkup.