This past weekend the Blackhawks played in the rookie tournament in London Ontario taking on the rookie squads of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Ottawa Senators, and Pittsburgh Penguins. From the Twitter accounts and updates here are some videos and quick hits about the tournament which really is the kick start of the Blackhawks pre-season.
First here is the Game #2 video highlight package from Chicagoblackhawks.com
The rookie Hawks went 0-0-2 in their first two games against Toronto and Ottawa, and here is the video package after the Blackhawks win against the Pittsburgh Penguins rookies.
Some quick hits
- You have to like the fact that in the first two games the Hawks rookies made third period comebacks to force overtimes.
- Mark McNeill may not have all the fanfare of the Phillip Danault and Tervainen but he looks solid and I’m looking forward to see his progress in Rockford this season.
- Speaking of Danault could he possibly pull a Brandon Saad and make the roster this season?
- From Twitter reports on Drew LeBlanc it sounds like a year in Rockford is what is needed before trying to crack the lineup in Chicago.
- Dyan Olsen was the Captain and described as a man among kids, but most don’t even have Olsen as the third best defensive prospect now behind Ryan Stanton and Adam Clendening which both are on the training camp roster while Olsen is not an invite.
- The future is bright with the Hawks with a lot of talent in the system while the core of the Hawks is still extremely young.
What do you think of the Hawks future?
For more Blackhawks conversation and updates follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Friend us on Facebook at Blackhawkup.