Brandon Saad is the current Chicago Blackhawk wearing #20. Saad went from the steal of the draft in 2011 to a Calder Trophy finalist in the shortened season of 2013. Saad was able to hoist the Stanley Cup after his rookie season which really isn’t a bad way to start your career. Saad scored 10 goals and 17 assists after a slow start in 2013, while in the playoffs scored 1 goal and picked up 5 assists along the way to the Cup. Saad is a bright star on a team full of stars heading into 2013 and fans are excited to see what he brings in a full 82 game season.
1. Lee Fogolin-1951 Fogolin also wore #3 during his Hawks career. He played in 427 NHL games scoring 10 goals and 48 assists.
2. Max Quackenbush-1952 Quackenbush played 14 games wearing #20. He had 1 assist during his brief Hawks career.
3. Sid Abel-1953 Abel played his first 12 years of his career with the Detroit Red Wings while finished his NHL Career with one year in Chicago. He played 42 games wearing #20 in Chicago scoring 4 goals and 5 assists.
4. Murray Costello-1954 Costello scored 3 goals and 2 assists in his 40 game Blackhawks career before moving on to the Boston Bruins.
5. Dick Gamble-1955 Gamble dressed in 14 games for the Hawks scoring 2 goals in the process.
6. Hank Ciesla-1956-1957 Ciesla played 140 games with the Blackhawks scoring 18 goals and 31 assists.
7. Earl Balfour-1958-1960 Balfour played the last 218 games of his 288 game career in Chicago wearing #20. Balfour scored 30 goals and 22 assists during his playing days.
8. Wayne Hillman-Hillman played in different seasons for the Hawks scoring 5 goals and 16 assists.
9. Cliff Koroll-1970-1980 Koroll played his entire 814 NHL game career with the Blackhawks. Koroll scored 204 goals and 254 assists with a +rating of +109
10. Al Secord 1981-1990 Secord is one of my favorite players of all-time to ever wear the Blackhawks jersey. He could do it all from scoring to fighting. Secord is only one of 3 Blackhawks to ever score 50 goals in a season. Secord is one of the rare NHL players to ever score 40 goals in a season and have over 300 penalty minutes in the same year. Secord’s entire NHL career was 766 games scoring 273 goals and 222 assists with 2,093 penalty minutes.
11. Mike Hudson 1991-1993 Hudson’s best season in Chicago was 1992 when he scored 14 goals and 15 assists.
12. Gary Suter 1994-1998 Suter with Chris Chelios were a great defensive pairing for the Hawks in the mid-90′s. Suter played 301 games with the Hawks scoring 53 goals and 126 assists during his 5 year tenure with the Hawks.
13. Mike Eastwood -2002 Eastwood stop in Chicago was 53 games in which he scored 2 goals and 10 assists.
14. Andy Hilbert-2004 Hilbert in the middle of his 307 NHL game career played 28 games for Chicago picking up 5 goals and 4 assists.
15. Brandon Bochenski-2006-2007 Bochenksi appeared in 30 games with the Blackhawks scoring 4 goals and 2 assists.
16. Robert Lang-2008 Lang played with the Hawks for one season scoring 21 goals and 33 assists before heading to the Montreal Canadiens.
17. Jack Skille-2010-2011 The only good thing you can say about Skille is he was the reason the Hawks were able to aquire Michael Frolik.
18. Sami Lepisto-2012 Lepisto short stay in Chicago was 26 games long with 1 goal and 2 assist.
Who is Your Favorite #20?
For more Blackhawks conversation and updates follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our Facebook fan page Blackhawkup.