The Blackhawks organization retired the #3 on November 12, 2008 in honor of two great players in Blackhawks history Pierre Pilote and Keith Magnuson. Both Blackhawks greats wore #3 and were Captains during their tenures. Pilote played in 821 games for Chicago scoring 77 goals 400 assists and was part of the 1961 Stanley Cup Championship. Magnuson played for 11 seasons with the Blackhawks picking up 1,445 penalty minutes along the way with 14 goals and 125 assists. Two greats in Blackhawks history and #3 will never be worn again.
Former #3’s in Blackhawks history.
1. Lee Fogolin 1950-1956 Fogolin played in 302 games during his career with the Hawks scoring 5 goals and 37 assists.
2. Ron Ingram-1957-1958 Ingram appeared in 45 games scoring 1 goal and 6 assists before heading to Detroit.
3. David Feamster 1982-1985 Feamster played in 169 games scoring 13 goals and 14 assists.
4. Dave Manson-1987-1991 Manson played in 431 games scoring 45 goals and 110 assists with just a few penalty minutes 1,322. Here is Manson at his best
5. Igor Kravchuk-1991-1993 Kravchuk appeared in 56 games scoring 7 goals and 17 assists.
6. Craig Muni-1993 Muni had a 9 game stop over with the Hawks in a 819 NHL game career.
7. Greg Smythe-1993-1994 Smythe played in 22 games for Chicago picking up 3 assists during his brief stay with the Hawks.
8. Boris Mironov-1998-2003 Mironov also wore #2 during his Hawks career, while playing with the Hawks he scored 21 goals and 69 assists.
9. Brad Brown-2000 Brown played in 118 games wearing #3 scoring 1 goal and 17 assists.
10. Jaroslav Spacek 2001-2002 Spacek played one season with the Hawks showing up in 45 games scoring 7 goals and 17 assists.
11. Bryan Berard-2004 Berard will be the last player to wear #3 with the Blackhawks, during his short stop with the Hawks he scored 13 goals and 34 assists.
Two great #3’s in Blackhawks history and in 3 short days the 5th Stanley Cup banner will be near the #3 banner in the United Center rafters.