12. New York Rangers: The Rangers and Canucks played a new game. Its call NHL coaching Swap, they swapped John Tortorella for Alain Vigneault. Vigneault never got the Canucks over the hump; will his luck change in New York?
13. Anaheim Ducks: Quack! Quack! Quack! They are not as good as Disney’s Mighty Ducks. The Ducks were out shot last season during 5 on 5 play. Quack attack is not back jack!
14. New Jersey Devils: Questions face the Devils; can they replace Ilya Kovalchuk offensive production? Martin Brodeur is on the cover of NHL 14, but he is the team’s best goalie? Questions, Questions, Questions?
15. Minnesota Wild: The Wild made the playoffs last season but lost in 5. They have Ryan Suter and Zach Parise. The Wild have an exceptional group of prospects but until they become NHL regulars. There is nothing to get Wild about here.
17. Dallas Stars: The Stars won the offseason by acquiring Tyler Seguin from the Bruins. Can their offseason victories translate into regular season and post season victories? Only time will tell the story.
18. Edmonton Oilers: The Oilers have a new coaching staff and new management. The team has a emerging core of young players however injuries have eliminated their playoffs hopes.
19. Phoenix Coyotes: The Coyotes are staying in Phoenix to lose more money. Mike Smith is sold in net. They are relying on Mike Ribeiro, Radim Vrbata, and an aging Shane Doan. They don’t have the offensive talent to compete in the west.