The Tampa Bay lightening come to town this Saturday to take our beloved Chicago Blackhawks. In any game there are 5 things to watch for:
1. Can the Blackhawks stop Steven Stamkos and Martin St. Louis ? Stamkos scored 29 goals and 28 assists last season. In 2011-12, he scored 60 goals and 37 assists. St. Louis is not as much of a scorer as Stamkos but has a ton of assists. St. Louis had 17 goals and 43 assists. In 2011-12, he had 25 goals and 49 assists. These two players will be hard to stop for the Blackhawks.
2. How many times will we hear the Dagger? Chelsea’s Dagger is the song that the United Center plays when the Blackhawks score. Tampa gave up 150 goals last season, that was 26th out of 30. The Blackhawks scored 6 on opening night, can they score more against Tampa?
3. How will the Blackhawks Penalty Kill respond? The Capitals scored 3 goals on the power-play in the Blackhawks first game. Will the Blackhawks improve or will the penalty-kill worry fans all season?
4. Will this be Joakim Nordstrom‘s last game? Nordstrom struggled in the first game of the season. He had a bad penalty and no points in the first game of the season. As we wrote earlier this week, see Thursday article, he needs to step up his game.
5. Will anyone score on shoot the puck? This is the first CSN game of the year which means shoot the puck will be televised. I’m hoping the kid or the female eye candy score. Also who will be the celebrity guest shooter? Mr.T? Lance Briggs or the hated Jim Belushi?
It will be a great game to watch!