This week has seen many shocking transgressions. The Avalanche is playing extremely well under new Coach Patrick Roy and the Philadelphia Flyers won a game after firing their coach. Anyways onto the rankings: The records are as of Saturday night 10/12/13.
30. Buffalo Sabres 0-4-1: The Sabres are 0-4-1. They have two captains, one road captain in Steve Ott and one home captain in Thomas Vanek. That’s a good thing right??? By the way Ryan Miller has a 95 save percentage, Team USA back-up?
29. Philadelphia Flyers 1-4-0: This season the Flyers could not blame Bryz for their poor start. Peter Laviolette was fired after a 0-3 start. The Flyers keep running out of people to blame.
28. Nashville Predators 1-3-0, The Preds big free agent signing Viktor Stalberg is out 3-4 weeks. Pekka Rinne is giving up 3.49 goals a game. Recipe for disaster… at least they are keeping the red out…oh wait.
27. Edmonton Oilers 1-3-0 The Oilers are a -7 giving up 19 goals and scoring only 12. The math is simple, you get outscored, and you lose a lot. The Oilers are doing just that.
26. New Jersey Devils 0-2-3: The Devils have not won one a game this season. Martin Brodeur was great in net and was on the cover NHL 14, but is it time to retire? When does Cory Schneider take over the starting job?
24. Winnipeg Jets 2-3-0: Remember that 2-0 start, the Jets have lost 3 straight. That’s the Jets we know, but it could be worse for the Jets. They could be still be in Atlanta.
23: New York Rangers 1-3-0: Did Henrik Lundqvist forget how to play goalie this offseason? The Rangers have given up 20 goals this season which is 29th in the league. Lundquvist save percentage is 87.9. Maybe Torts wasn’t so bad?
22. Florida Panthers 2-3-0: Florida is giving up the most goals in the NHL at 21. Tim Thomas is 1-2 with a save percentage of 85%. It looks like that year off for Thomas really helped him out. Sarcasm
21. Calgary Flames 3-0-2: Could the Flames be a dark horse this season? They do not have the talent to contend but the start is nice.