10. Vancouver Canucks 3-2-0: Coach John Tortorella and Canucks are 4th in the Pacific division. If Canucks don’t improve Torts will learn that Vancouver can be worse than New York.
9. Detroit Red Wings 2-2-0 as we last left the Red Wings they were 2-0. Now they have lost 2-2, the Wings will experience some new conference adjustments this season. Remember during the shorten season the West did not play the East in the regular season. The Wings have not played the East in two years.
8. The Toronto Maple Leafs 4-0-0: Jonathan Bernier is 3-1 this season with a .85 goals allowed. The Maple Leafs have only allowed 10 goals this season. This is a good start for the Leafs but will it continue?
7. Chicago Blackhawks 2-1-1: The defending Stanley Cup Champs are still a very formidable team this season; however, they are giving up way to many odd man rushes. The second line center position is still an issue. Brandon Pirri was recalled last night, is he the answer?
6. Colorado Avalanche 4-0-0: The Avalanche might be the biggest surprise in the NHL. Patrick Roy is coaching a very talented team. Semyon Varlamov has been unreal in net this season. Remember Varalmov lost 21 games last season. This year he is 3-0-0 with a save percentage of 96.7% and Goals against 1.00.
5. Anaheim Ducks 3-1-0 The Ducks are off to another hot start this season. Last season they finished with number 2 seed in the West. The high seed did not benefit the Ducks because they were bounced in the first round of the playoffs. Jonas Hiller rocked the Classic Mighty Ducks mask this past week. QUACK QUACK QUACK!
4. Boston Bruins 2-1-0: The Bruins 1 loss game at the hands of the Avs. Boston is playing at high level and Tuukka Rask has not let the two goals in 17 seconds bother him. It looks Jarome Iginla is a great fit in Boston.
3. The Pittsburgh Penguins 3-1-0: The Penguins are +6 this season in goal differential. Everyone knew the Penguins can score in the regular season (cough eastern conference finals cough) but nobody was sure about Marc Andre Fleury is 3-0-0 with 1.00 Goal against.
2. St. Louis Blues 3-0-0: The St. Louis Blues have given up 4 goals in three games. Jaroslav Halak is playing excellent between the pipes. He is 3-0-0 with 1.33 goals allowed. The Blues beat the Blackhawks late in St. Louis earlier this week. Can the Blues dethrone the Blackhawks this season?
1. San Jose Sharks 4-0-0: The Sharks are +16 this season with 21 goals scored and 5 allowed. They are currently playing like the best team in the NHL. Sensational Thomas Hertl has 6 goals on the season; remember he had 4 in one game. Annti Niemi is 4-0-0 with 1.25 goals against. Finally we leave you with the goal of the week and probably the year.
What teams are in your top 10 power rankings? Let us know in the comments section!