This week has seen some great play some great teams and some awful teams played worse. The Metropolitan Division is very good at the top and awful below that. At least the Flyers haven’t fired anyone this week. Let’s get to the Power Rankings:
30. Buffalo Sabres 1-8-1: At Least the Sabres have a win??
28. Edmonton Oilers 2-6-1 The Oilers are a BAD and things are getting worse. Nail Yakupov’s is on his way out Edmonton. I don’t think this is what the Oilers envision when they drafted Yakupov number 1 in 2012.
27. New Jersey Devils 1-4-3: Are the Devils in their own personal “hell”? They picked up their first win, but how soon will it be until they pick up their next W?
26. Washington Capitals 3-5-0: Is Alexander Ovechkin is saying there is no place like home, as he dreams of the Olympics in Sochi? They had a big shutout win to end the week, will this provide any momentum?
25. Columbus Blue Jackets 2-5-0: Sergi Bobrovsky is 2-4-0 with a 2.49 goals against. That is good for 9th in the league yet they are ranked 15th in league in goals for. If only Bobrovsky could place offense?
24: New York Rangers 2-5-0: Henrik Lundquvist raised his save percentage to 90.2%, its better than 87.9%. Lundquvist is singing, “Torts, come back, you can blame it all on me I was wrong, and I just can’t live without you”.
23. Florida Panthers 3-6-0: The Florida Panthers is the Former Chicago Blackhawks retirement home. Brian Campbell, Tomas Kopecky, and Kris Versteeg all reside in Florida, ohh and they play for the Panthers. The very young nucleus plays really good or really bad early on this season.
23. Nashville Predators 4-3-1 Pekka Rinne is playing better, his goals against has dropped from 3.49 goals against to 2.73 goals against. Its funny how that works, give up less goals win more games. Seth Jones with a huge last second goal for the win Saturday night.
22. Winnipeg Jets 4-4-0: The Jets are in the middle of the division. Good for them. 3-3 at home, 1-1 on the road, that is consistent!
21. Calgary Flames 3-2-2: Who would have thought Calgary would have more wins that the Sabres and Devils combined???