20. Ottawa Senators 3-3-2: Coach Paul Maclean says the lack of discipline is still an issue. This was in the middle of a two game winning streak, he must have forseen what the end of the week would bring. This isn’t the same team that lost to the Pittsburgh Penguins in the playoffs.
19. Minnesota Wild 3-3-3 Josh Harding is playing well this season. He is 3-2-0 with a 1.15 goals against. Goalie controversy brewing in Minnesota?
18. Phoenix Coyotes 5-2-2 There still in Phoenix, I thought that Franchise moved to Seattle… Oh wait I was dreaming. They are one of the bigger surprises in the first three weeks of the season, and Mike Smith scored on Detroit so we should move them up in the rankings just for that!
16. New York Islanders 3-3-2: The Islanders are the pride of New York! It’s early but most people were expecting more from the Islanders this season.
15. Tampa Bay Lighting 5-3-0: TWO WORDS: Goalie play! The Lightening are +10 in Goals For vs Goals against. Their defense was dismantled by the Bruins Saturday night is this an omen of things to come?
14. Carolina Hurricanes 4-2-3: Jordan Staal is still very tentative coming off an injured plagued season, an unexpected and very good comeback against the Toronto Maple Leafs this week.
13. LA Kings 6-3-0: Jonathon Quick rebounded from that not so good goal late last week. If this team ever clicked on offense nobody would ever want to play them.
12. The Dallas Stars 3-4-0: The Stars gave the Sharks their first loss of the season. Alex Chiassson is a player to watch with the Stars. The rookie might have gotten lost in the shuffle with all the new players but he currently leads the Stars with four goals.
11. Montreal Canadians 5-3-0: Thomas Plekanec kept the Canadiens hot start alive with two late goals against the Blue Jackets, losing a road point in Nashville late has to sting a little bit ending the week.