The second stop on the Blackhawks famed “Circus Trip” is Winnipeg home of the Jets. The Jets are currently 6th in the Central Division with a record of 10-10-3. They have lost their last two games in a row coming into Thursday’s matchup. The Blackhawks meanwhile are coming off one of their worst games of the season. It was a 5-1 thrashing at the hands of the Colorado Avalanche. The Blackhawks enter this contest with a record of 14-4-4.
On the season the Blackhawks have bested the Jets twice this season. The Blackhawks have learned five things in their two victories over the Jets.
Here are five things the Blackhawks have learned against the Jets:
1. The Jets cannot play defense: In two games against the Blackhawks, the Jets have yielded nine goals. In their first appearance the Blackhawks drubbed the Jets five to one. The Blackhawks got goals from Niklas Hjalmarsson, Brandon Bollig, Patrick Sharp, Nick Leddy, and Ben Smith. In the second appearance The Blackhawks laid a similar beat-down in the second meeting. They beat the Jets four to one. In the second meeting, Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, Brandon Pirri, and Patrick Sharp lit the lamp for the Blackhawks. On the season the Jets rank 22nd out 30 teams in goals against on the season.
2. Corey Crawford plays well against the Jets: The assumption is that Antti Raanta will get his first NHL start against the Jets on Thursday. Let’s not discount the possibility that Corey Crawford MIGHT get the start. If Crawford does get the start, he will be shooting to go 3-0 against the Jets this season. Crawford has seen 51 shots and saved 49 shots, that’s good for save percentage of 96%. In case people we were wondering that’s impressive!
3. Dustin Byfuligen hasn’t played well against the Blackhawks. In two games against the Blackhawks this season Byfuligen has been a -3 on the score sheet. He has recorded one assists and six shots on goal. On the season Byfuligen has 5 goals 6 assists and a -5 rating.
4. Jets fans have a sense of humor: The Jets faithful are wearing helmets in the crowd on Thursday night. This is in response to the Blackhawks fan that removed a helmet from Adam Pardy after Brandon Bollig put him through the glass.
5. The Winnipeg Jets are not good. It is pretty simple, the Blackhawks have more talent than the Winnipeg Jets. The Jets were bad last season and will continue to bad this season. The Blackhawks might not blow out the Jets on Thursday but they are going to beat them.
If you agree with my thoughts or have thoughts of your own please comment below. Please make sure to read all the great articles on Blackhawkup.com and follow us on twitter at Blackhawk_up.