After a few days off since Patrick Kane put a sweet back hand through the Hearts of Minnesota Wild fans, the Blackhawks finally have an opponent named so here’s Five Quick thought about the Blackhawks heading to a rematch against the LA Kings.
5. Jonathan Quick is the Real King- There has been a lot of talk about Henrik Ludqvist being the King, but Quick is the man with a Conn Smythe trophy, a Stanley Cup and 6 straight wins in the 2014 playoffs while facing elimination. Quick is 8-6 with one shutout in the playoffs, he has a 2.72 Goals Against average and a .914 Save Percentage.
4. Justin Williams is Clutch- Williams tied Wayne Gretzky for 2nd all-time with 6 Game #7 goals with the opening goal last night. Williams has 26 playoff goals in 103 games so it’s safe to say his 6 Game 7 goals is an incredible percentage and proves how clutch he is for the Kings. The safest way to avoid this stat is to avoid a Game #7!
3. Darryl Sutter- Sutter is a great coach which started behind the bench of the Chicago Blackhawks back in the 90′s. The former Blackhawks Captain has a team that fits his personality perfectly in a tough resilient team. The only question for Sutter is when does he let his offensive stars open up their game. In the Olympics his guys were the offensive stars, but it’s not usually until the chips are down that he let’s them open up their game (see Game #7 last night)
2. The Kings are like a Cockroach- I mean this in a good way. The Kings should have been dead in the first round, but even though they were down 3-0 they found a way to win four straight times including 2 games on the road including a Game #7 in San Jose. The Kings were again on the ropes and ready to take a knockout blow before they rallied to win 2 straight games against the Ducks including a Game #7 on the road. They find a way to not have their 2014 season to be killed off which make them a dirty, nasty opponent to face in the Western Conference playoffs in 2014.
1. The Hawks seem to have the Kings number- The Blackhawks were 2-1 in 2013 in the regular season and 4-1 in the 2013 Western Conference Finals against the Kings . This season the Hawks were 3-0 against the Kings even during a season that the Blackhawks never were on the hot streak like 2013 and their play was uneven. The Hawks are one of the few teams that seem to know how to beat Quick but will they be able to do it four times which the rest of the West has struggled with in 2014.
What is your thoughts about LA?
For more Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our Facebook page at Blackhawkup.