Throwin’ Spray, a phrase from “Here Come the Hawks” and title of the semi-daily post on BlackhawkUp.com, will feature quick-hitting Chicago Blackhawks- and NHL-related news and links.
Even though most Blackhawks fans have finally put Patrick Kane’s “20 Cent” days in the past, it finally looks as if Kaner himself has done the same.
The kid scored two goals in each of the past two preseason games, including Monday’s 9-2 romp of HC Davos in Zurich. Maybe I’m looking too much into this, or I’m not looking deep enough. Kane still is going to hear all season about The Cabbie Incident, but I think we’re all hoping two solid performances — albeit in preseason games — will help put this even further behind him as the regular season opens Friday against the Florida Panthers.
- The Blackhawks are on the cover ESPN the Magazine’s hockey preview, and writer Linsday Berra idiotically says it’s “nearly impossible” the ‘Hawks can keep even two of their three big free agents when Jonathan Toews, Kane and Duncan Keith are due raises in the “Summer of Doom.” (Puck Daddy)
- An ode to Rob Klinkhammer and a recap of the ridiculous ‘Hawks preseason injuries. (Hockee Night)
- I didn’t get to watch Monday’s live stream on NHL.com, but Mike Kiley writes Corey Crawford didn’t do himself any favors in trying to win the backup goaltender spot. (Blackhawks Confidential)
- And apparently Brent Sopel looked like shit, too. (Fifth Feather)
- Radek Smolanek? Maybe, after his two-goal performance Monday night. (Between the Circles)