Mar 16, 2012; Dallas, TX, USA; Chicago Blackhawks right wingJimmy Hayes
(39) and Dallas Stars defensemanTrevor Daley
(6) fight for position in front of the goal during the game at the American Airlines Center. The Blackhawks defeated the Stars 4-1. Mandatory Credit: Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports
I know when the team is 21-1-3 there really isn’t too much to argue with anywhere within the organization. Joel Quenneville has to be on the short list for coach of the year and Stan Bowman has stuck to his guns and not broken up the star nucleus while he rebuilt the other pieces to the puzzle around the Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane‘s and Marian Hossa‘s of the core Hawks.
My Monday morning Qb lounging chair has all the right answers so I felt that I should share some of them.
1. First off totally off the Blackhawks topic- Phil Emery no matter what happens between now and opening day find the Bears a new left tackle!
2. Now to the Hawks edition of the Monday Morning QB. With Patrick Sharp out for 3-4 weeks let’s stop the Bryan Bickell experiment at one game! Yes, Bickell scored in the Mile High City but he looked lost and a step slow to be playing with Kane and Dave Bolland. The Monday Morning QB says to bring up a youngster from Rockford by the name of Jeremy Morin. Morin collected his 20th goal of the season on Saturday night and has the speed and skill to fill in temporarily for Sharp. This move puts Bickell back with Andrew Shaw and Viktor Stalberg on a line that has been very productive for the Hawks through 24 games. You know the team is running good when you are trying not to break up the third line but bringing up someone groomed for the position would be a better temporary fix than Bickell especially after his Friday night debut.
3. You had the right intention when you sent Brandon Bollig to Rockford. Instead of recalling him send him back down, and bring back Jimmy Hayes instead to grind on the 4th line. Hayes also scored his 20th goal of the season for the Ice Hogs Satuday night. Hayes didn’t light up the score sheet like Shaw did last season but he still put points on the scoresheet collecting 5 goals and 4 assists. Bollig still hasn’t found the sheet in 12 games. I know Bollig is there for protection but Hayes would add more talent to the roster. Hayes is more talented on the offense and defense side of the puck more than Bollig’s skating and looking for a fight routine.
What do you think? What does your armchair say about the Hawks?
For more Blackhawks talk follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Friend us on Facebook at Blackhawk Up