Chicago Blackhawks: It’s Not Over Until We Say It’s Over!!
May 23, 2013; Detroit, MI, USA; Chicago Blackhawks centerJonathan Toews
(19) is brought down by by a hook from Detroit Red Wings centerHenrik Zetterberg
(40) in front of goalieJimmy Howard
(35) in the second period in game four of the second round for the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs at Joe Louis Arena. Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
It’s NOT over yet!! There is a reason the series is a 7 game series and not a 3,4,or 5 game series!!
Yes this isn’t Animal House but it’s time to take over what is ours and show the Detroit Red Wings that this Chicago Blackhawks team will never lay down and a desperate team is the worst team to face in the playoffs. Here are some things momentum changing things for the Hawks to do heading into Game #5.
1. Shave The Beards!- Yes this is drastic for you traditionalists, but I’m pretty sure that 15 teams go home every season and shave off unlucky beards. Start a new tradition and shave the heads and beards. Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews beards look ridiculous anyways so this will be an added benefit to them. Be a leader not a follower and 30 years from now people will ask when the totally shaved tradition started and we all can look back at the 2013 Hawks team down 3-1 to the Red Wings that began something new.
2. Throw in a Rockford youngster– Switching up lines confused Mike Babcock for all of one shift when he thought Byran Bickell was out on the third line. Put youth into the lineup remember that the 2010 team was full of 21 and 22 year olds that were not just hungry but starving to win and play hard. I don’t care who it is from Brandon Pirri, Jeremy Morin, or playoff hero from 2011 Ben Smith. Look at the jump in the skates the Hawks had when Drew LeBlanc played a regular season game now imagine the jump in the skates Marian Hossa or Patrick Sharp would have playing with someone who could keep up with them instead of trailing them every play like Michal Handzus.
3. Make Them Leave The UC Hearing Chelsea Dagger In Their Sleep– One way to change momentum in a 7 game series when down 3-1 and having home ice advantage is blowing the doors off the team in Game 5 and changing the tide in the series. The Hawks need to win a 4-0 or 5-1 game Saturday night, regain confidence, and show the Red Wings they will have to play perfect hockey in Game 6 or 7 to even have a chance to eliminate the Hawks. The Red Wings have had three straight perfect game plan and executions with all the bounces go their way. The Hawks need to eliminate the need for bounces and make everyone wearing Red and White from Detroit duck everytime Chelsea Dagger is played.
This has been a special regular season team in 2013 but if they want history to remember them they will need to get out of their own ways and take back this series in Game 5! It’s not over and let’s keep it that way!!!