Chicago Blackhawks: Man Crush Monday
Jun 28, 2013; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago Blackhawks centerJonathan Toews
(19) during the 2013 Stanley Cup championship celebration at Grant Park in Chicago. Mandatory Credit: Dennis Wierzbicki-USA TODAY Sports
This is the first Blackhawks Man Crush Monday. Most people think man crush, they think hot guy. My Blackhawks man crushes are players who are/or was exceptional players for the franchise. In every Man Crush article, there will be five reasons why they are my man crush for this week.
My first Blackhawks Man crush is on the Jonathan Toews.
Here are my five reasons why Jonathan Toews:
1. Maturity: Jonathan Toews has been the most mature player on the Blackhawks since he was drafted. He is NEVER in trouble off the ice. He also make smart decisions on and off the ice.
Examples: Toews approached Hossa before the Blackhawks won the Cup in 2010 and said he was giving the Cup to him next after he hoisted it. He did the same thing in 2013, he went to Rosie and told him he was getting the Cup after he hoisted it.
2. Leadership: Toews was the second youngest Captain in NHL history. Every player veteran or rookie knows who the leader of the Blackhawks is.
Example: After being injured in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup finals, he sat on the bench with his teammates. He congratulated every player as they came off the ice after the win.
3. He is a complete player: He was the Selke award winner in 2013-2013. Toews is recognized for his defensive play. People forget that he is good offensive player in addition to his defensive play. Example: He is 27 for 55 (49.%) in the shootout. He was also ranked as the #2 center in the NHL by bleacher report.com
4. Attitude: Toews has a never say die attitude. He refuses to lose and wills his team to victories at times. His attitude is reflected in every aspect of his game.
Example: Toews scored the game tying goal of 2010-2011 against the Vancouver Canucks short-handed to tie the game. There was less than a minute to play in regulation.
5. He is our CAPTAIN! He is our guy. Blackhawks fans love to root for Toews. He represents the Franchise and the city of Chicago with respect and pride.
Those are the five reasons why Jonathan Toews is my man crush.