James Wisniewski #43 Chicago Blackhawks (picture courtesy of Chicagoblackhawks.com)
#43- There are no current Chicago Blackhawks assigned jersey #43
1. Mike Hudson 1989-1990 Hudson played with the Hawks until 1992 and like Brandon Saad in this list switched from 43 to 20 in 1990. Hudson played 221 career games in a Blackhawks jersey with 37 goals and 52 assists before moving on to the Edmonton Oilers in 1993. His career came to an end with Phoenix Coyotes in 1997 with career numbers that read 416 games 49 goals 87 assists.
2. Milan Tichy-1993 Tichy played 13 games with the Blackhawks picking up 1 assist. His NHL career last 10 more games over two seasons with the New York Islanders with 4 more assists before leaving the NHL forever.
3. Nathan Dempsey-2003-2004 Dempsey played one season with the Hawks dressing for 67 games. He had 5 goals 23 assists and a -7. Dempsey career ended with the Boston Bruins in 2007 with career totals of 260 games played 21 goals and 67 assists and a career -7 rating.
4. James Wisniewski-2006-2009 Wisniewski was a member of the 2002 Blackhawks draft class (5th round 156th overall) Wisniewski played his first 168 NHL games wearing the Blackhawks jersey before being traded to the Edmonton Oilers at the trade deadline in 2009. His Blackhawks stats were 13 goals and 43 assists. He currently plays for the upstart Columbus Blue Jackets with a cap hit of $5,500,000.
6. Brandon Saad-2012 Saad first taste of the NHL was wearing #43 with the first two games of the 2011-2012 season which he didn’t record a point. He did get the call in 2 playoff games against the Phoenix Coyotes because of Andrew Shaw getting suspended for running down Mike Smith. Saad had better luck wearing #20 last season with a Calder trophy finalist campaign of 10 goals and 17 assists in the shortened season. Saad played in all 23 playoff games scoring a goal in Game #1 of the Finals and collecting 5 assists.
What is your favorite #43?
Only 43 days until Banner #5 heads up to the United Center rafters!