Jun 15, 2013; Chicago, IL, USA; Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara (33) passes the puck away from Chicago Blackhawks center Dave Bolland (36) during the third period in game two of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final at the United Center. Mandatory Credit: Scott Stewart-USA TODAY Sports
No player has been assigned #36 yet since Dave Bolland was traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs on June 30th.
1. Mike Rucinski-1989 Rucinski played 1 game with the Blackhawks and in the NHL without recording a point.
2. Jimmy Waite-1991 Waite played for the Blackhawks with different numbers but the first was #36. Waite had a record of 22-36-8 for the Hawks before moving to the Phoenix Coyotes. Waite was the choice for a backup behind Ed Belfour instead of Dominik Hasek.
3. Alexi Zhamnov-1998 Zhamnov also wore #26 and #13 with the Hawks during his tenure which lasted from 1996-2004, and while I never liked him because he was in the trade for Jeremy Roenick he also was traded for the eventual rights to 2013 playoff hero Bryan Bickell in 2004, so the 6 degrees of Zhamnov finished well in the end for the Blackhawks.
4. Chris Herperger-2001 Herperger played 70 games for the Blackhawks scoring 10 goals and 15 assists before signing as a free agent with the Ottawa Senators
5. Mikhail Yakubov-2004 Yakubov played in 40 contests for the Blackhawks picking up 2 goals and 9 assists. Yakubov played 13 more NHL games with the Florida Panthers.
6. Matthew Barnaby-2005-2006 Barnaby signed as a free agent and played one 82 game season with the Blackhawks scoring 5 goals and 20 assists. Barnaby played 834 career games in the NHL scoring 113 goals and 187 assists.
7. Dave Bolland 2007-2013 Bolland until June 30th had spent his entire career with the Blackhawks. There was a real love/hate relationship at times for the fans and Bolland. He was a serious playoff gamer, but somehow could disappear during the regular season. In 332 career regular season games he scored 70 goals and 98 assists with a +33 rating. He played 67 playoff games which included two Stanley Cups picking up 17 goals and 26 assists. Bolland went out with a bang scoring the second goal in the greatest 17 seconds in Blackhawks history!
Only 36 Days Left until another Stanley Cup Banner heads to the rafters!