Kris Versteeg #32 Chicago Blackhawks (Picture courtesy of Blackhawks.com)
Michal Rozsival wore #32 last season during the Blackhawks run to the Stanley Cup. Rozsival was a pleasant surprise for the Hawks who was signed before the season along with Sheldon Brookbank. Rozsival has played in the NHL since 1999 playing nearly 800 games scoring 64 goals and 208 assists. One of Rozsivals big playoff assists came in Game #1 in triple overtime when he threw one at the net that both Dave Bolland and finally Andrew Shaw touched for the win. Rozsival signed 1 year deal to stay with the Hawks for the 2013-2014 season.
1. Don Dietrich-1984 Deitrich played 17 games for the Hawks without hitting the scoresheet.
2. Randy Boyd-1985 Boyd played 26 of his 267 NHL career games with the Blackhawks picking up 4 assists while playing for Chicago.
3. Bruce Boudreau-1986 Boudreau played his final 7 games of his NHL career with Chicago picking up his last goal of his career.
4. Steve Thomas 1988-1994 Thomas had two stints with the Hawks, the goal scorer had 4 hat tricks with the Hawks including a 4 goal game. His 20 year NHL career was played over 1,200 games with 421 goals and 512 assists. Thomas only played every game of a season once during his career.
5. Murray Craven 1995-1997 Craven played 141 games with the Blackhawks during his 1,071 game career. Craven scored 30 goals while wearing #32 in Chicago and picked up 59 assists.
6. Dan Cleary-1998 Cleary is a former 1st round pick by the Blackhawks (11th overall 1997) Cleary only played in 41 games scoring 4 goals and 5 assists before getting traded to the Edmonton Oilers in 1999.
7. Pavel Vorobiev-2002-2004 The 11th pick overall by the Blackhawks in 2000 played in 57 games picking up 10 NHL goals and 15 assists. Vorobiev never would play in the NHL again.
8. Kris Versteeg-2008-2010 Versteeg played the first 180 games of his NHL career with the Blackhawks after getting traded from Boston. Versteeg scored 6 goals and 8 assists in the Blackhawks run to the 2010 Stanley Cup. After the celebrations he was sent to the Toronto Maple Leafs for Viktor Stalberg. Versteeg has now played in 331 games with 90 career goals and 115 assists.
9. John Scott 2011-2012 Scott was a player most Blackhawks fans loved to hate played in 69 games without scoring a goal and picking up 2 assists. Scott did pick up 120 penalty minutes in 2 seasons. So this is what we basically remember about Scott.
So who is your favorite #32?
For more Blackhawks conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our Facebook page at Blackhawkup.