Jun 24, 2013; Boston, MA, USA; Chicago Blackhawks left wing Bryan Bickell (29) celebrates with teammates Michal Handzus (26) and Jonathan Toews (19) after scoring the game-tying goal against the Boston Bruins during the third period in game six of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final at TD Garden. Mandatory Credit: Michael Ivins-USA TODAY Sports
Michal Handzus returned to his #26 in 2013, it’s the same number he wore during his first go around with the Hawks. If Handzus plays in 50 games this coming season he will eclipse the 1,000 games played plateau. Handzus had two of the biggest momentum changing goals of the playoffs for the Blackhawks with his Game #6 Detroit goal and Game #4 Boston goal both on the road. Handzus did what he was brought in to do which is win faceoffs at a cheap price. Handzus now will more than likely be on the fourth line or the press box during the regular season before Coach Q has decisions to make for the playoffs.
1. Gary Donaldson-1974 Donaldson played one NHL game with the Blackhawks and while not scoring he did finish with a +1.
2. Bob Hoffmeyer-1977-1978 Hoffmeyer played 11 games with the Blackhawks collecting 3 assists before heading to Broad Street and the Flyers.
3. Rick Paterson 1980-1987 Paterson had a 430 game NHL career all with the Blackhawks. He scored 50 goals and 43 assists during his 8 year NHL career.
4. David Mackey-1987-1989 Mackey first 46 games of his 126 game career was wearing the Blackhawks jersey, while wearing #26 he scored 2 goals and 5 assists before heading to the Minnesota North Stars.
5. Jocelyn Lemieux-1990-1994 Lemieux played in 321 games with the Blackhawks in the early 90’s. Lemieux scored 44 goals 58 assists while wearing a Blackhawks sweater.
6. Roger Johansson-1996 Johansson scored one time in his final 11 games of his NHL career with the Blackhawks.
7. Todd White-1998-2000 White played in 653 NHL games during his career and it all started in Chicago with his first 43 games. During his tenure in Chicago he scored 7 goals and 8 assists.
8. Steve Sullivan-2000-2004 Sullivan a 9th round draft pick by the New Jersey Devils in 1994 finished the 2013 season with the team that drafted him. While in Chicago Sullivan played in 370 games scoring 118 goals and 185 assists.
9. Samuel Pahlsson-2008 Pahlsson played 13 games scoring 2 goals and 1 assist before signing as a free agent with the Columbus Blue Jackets.
What is your favorite #26 in Blackhawks history?
For more Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Friend us on Facebook at Blackhawkup.