Jun 24, 2013; Boston, MA, USA; Chicago Blackhawks center Jonathan Toews (19) celebrates with right wing Patrick Kane (88) after game six of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final against the Boston Bruins at TD Garden. Mandatory Credit: Brian Fluharty-USA TODAY Sports
There was absolutely no mystery whose name I would use for todays countdown. Jonathan Toews came to the Blackhawks as the 3rd pick of the 2006 NHL Draft, and he has become the face of the franchise in 7 short years. The Captain won his second Stanley Cup on the same day he was drafted and now is a true Chicago Blackhawks Icon! Toews has the Blackhawks in the middle of the Golden Age of Blackhawks hockey which is possibly one win away from the dynasty word. Toews has played in 408 games with the Blackhawks scoring 167 goals and 205 assists with a +115 rating. Toews has a Conn Smythe trophy and a Selke Trophy in his showcase with plenty more to win in the future.
1. Bert Olmstead-1951 Olmstead played the first 84 games of his 848 NHL career games with the Blackhawks. During his tenure he scored 22 goals and 30 assists with Chicago.
2. Rags Raglan-1952-1953 Raglan played the last 77 games of his 100 game NHL career with the Blackhawks scoring 4 goals and 9 assists.
3. Jack Price 1954-1956 Price appeared in 57 games scoring 4 goals and 6 assists.
4. Jerry Toppazzini-1956-1957 Toppazzini showed up in the Hawks lineup 84 times adding 14 goals and 21 assists.
5. Doug Barkley-1958 Barkley played in 6 games without a point.
6. Dollard St. Laurent-1959-1962 Laurant dressed in 269 games for the Hawks picking up 10 goals and 51 assists. During the 1961 Stanley Cup run Laurant appeared in 11 games scoring 1 time with 2 assists.
7. Al MacNeil-1963-1966 MacNeil was with the Hawks for 190 games scoring 10 goals and 46 assists.
8. Bobby Schmautz-1968-1969 Schmautz scored 12 goals and 9 assists in 74 games as a Blackhawk.
9. Dan Maloney-1971-1973 Maloney picked up 25 goals and 31 assists in 134 games played with Chicago before moving to LA.
10. Dale Tallon 1974-1978 Before he became the Blackhawks color analyst next to Pat Foley and General Manager that turned around the franchise, Tallon was a Blackhawks defenseman that played in 315 games wearing #19 scoring 44 goals and 65 assists.
11. Troy Murray-1981-1994 From one color analyst to another. Murray was a tough nosed center during the 80’s. His best season was in 85-86 when he scored 45 goals and 54 assists. For his career he scored 230 goals and 354 assists in 915 career games.
12. Dean McAmmond 1991 McAmmond had two stays with the Blackhawks while his career totals were 998 games played 186 goals and 262 assists.
13. Randy Cunneyworth 1994- Cunneyworth played in 16 games with the Hawks scoring 4 goals and 3 assists.
14. Brent Grieve-1995-1996 Grieve played in 52 games while picking up 3 goals and 9 assists.
15. Ethan Moreau-1996-1998 Moreau was a first round pick by the Blackhawks (14th overall) in the 1994 draft. He played his first 202 NHL Games with the Blackahawks before being included in the Daniel Cleary deal to the Edmonton Oilers.
16. Kyle Calder-2002-2006 Calder had the privilege to play during the dark ages of Blackhawks hockey. Calder played in 590 NHL games scoring 114 goals and 180 assists.
Only 19 more days until Stanley Cup Banner #5 heads to the United Center Raftors!!