Oct 10, 2013; Buffalo, NY, USA; Buffalo Sabres left wing Thomas Vanek (26) celebrates his goal against the Columbus Blue Jackets with center Cody Hodgson (19) during the first period at First Niagara Center. Mandatory Credit: Kevin Hoffman-USA TODAY Sports
The Buffalo Sabres invade the United Center tonight for the first time since 2011. Here are some quick thoughts about the Sabres in preparation of tonight’s contest
5. The Sabres are only one of two teams in the NHL without a Win. Along with the New Jersey Devils, the Sabres are without a W in the win column in five attempts. The Sabres have been in some games thanks to Ryan Miller but it hasn’t been good enough with them only picking up a point.
4. The Sabres offense is struggling- Through 5 games the Sabres have 5 goals scored. Averaging one goal a game is not only bad, but it is a sure fire was to start out the season 0-4-1.
3. Not Sabres related but I find it amusing that I’ve watched a few times already about the controversy over the restaurant that should be able to claim they sold the original Buffalo Wings. Either way Thanks to the city of Buffalo for this great finger food and all the restaurants that sell them.
2. The alternate Captains is kind of strange. The Sabres have one captains for home games and one for road games with neither of them having any success and neither of them named John Scott. Thomas Vanek Captains the home games while Steve Ott Captains the road games. Way to find a loophole Sabres!
1. Ryan Miller will be the reason. If the Sabres are to come in to the United Center and upset the Hawks it will be because of Ryan Miller. Miller isn’t a cinch to be the starting USA goal with Jonathan Quick possibly replacing him, but on game night for the Sabres it will be Miller that keeps Buffalo in the contest in Chicago.
What is your thoughts about the Sabres.
For more Blackhawks conversation and updates follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our Facebook page at Blackhawkup