Nov 9, 2013; Dallas, TX, USA; Chicago Blackhawks defensemanBrent Seabrook
(7) left wingPatrick Sharp
(10) centerJonathan Toews
(19) and defensemanDuncan Keith
(2) congratulate right wingMarian Hossa
(81) after Hossa scores his second goal in the third period against the Dallas Stars at American Airlines Center. Chicago beat Dallas 5-2. Mandatory Credit: Tim Heitman-USA TODAY Sports
This week in the NHL, we have seen Brandon Bollig put a Jet through the glass, Tyler Seguin scored an impressive shootout goal against his former team, Illya Bryzgalov returned to the NHL, and the western conference continue to dominate the eastern conference. The two teams that are up this week are the Anaheim Ducks, and Phoenix Coyotes. The two teams that are down are the Pittsburgh Penguins, and Boston Bruins. Here we go week seven power rankings:
30: The Buffalo Sabres 3-15-1: In the past two weeks the Buffalo Sabres traded Captain Thomas Vanek for Matt Moulson of the Islanders. Its okay they still have another captain. Moulson would score 2 goals in his first game and of course the Sabres lost. Its official the Free Ryan Miller campaign is in full effect now!
29. Edmonton Oilers 4-12-2: The Edmonton Oilers are a desperate team. Devan Dubnyke is 3-7-1 on the season. They are so desperate that brought back Illya Bryzgalov to the NHL. That’s all I have to say about that.
28. Florida Panthers 3-10-4: Did you know Tim Thomas Florida Panthers Jersey was the 5th highest selling Jersey in October? Well his jersey is ranked higher than his team. The Panthers were in the midst of a 7 game losing streak when Dale Talon decided to clean house. He fired Kevin Dineen this week and appointed Peter Horachek head coach. Horachek first game was a loss. That makes 8-0 for the Panthers.
27. The Philadelphia Flyers 5-10-1: Paul Holmgren is probably the worst GM in Hockey. His team not only is bad on the ice, but when they are getting crushed they start brawls. On a positive note Claude Giroux ended his 21 game scoreless streak against Edmonton.
26. Columbus Blue Jackets 6-10-0: The Blue Jackets snapped a 5 game losing streak this week. Sergei Bobrovsky who won the Venia Trophy last season played well for his second game in a row. Could this be the start of something? DOUBTFUL!
25. New Jersey Devils 4-7-5: I heard Barry Melrose propose the question; would Martin Brodeur ask for a trade?? If I were him, I would ask for a trade. I doubt it though. Expect the ageless wonder Jaromir Jagr to be traded this season.
24: Calgary Flames 6-9-2: Reto Berra made his NHL debut this season. He is currently 1-2-0 with a 3.33 goals against on the season. The knock on the Flames was their goal tending. The Flames goals against is 28th out of 30 with 61 allowed.
23. Winnipeg Jets 7-9-2: The Winnipeg Jets lost twice to the Chicago Blackhawks this past week. They were 5th in the Central division earlier this week. They now fell to 7th. If I were Claude Noel, I would give Al Montoya more time in net.
22. New York Islanders 6-8-3: The Islanders traded for Thomas Vanek recently. The knock the Islanders is their defense. Also is there goal tending good enough? Evgeni Nabokov is 5-5-3 with a 3.24 goals allowed. Could this be the new home for Ryan Miller? I don’t know Ryan Miller is 2-11-0 with a 3.40 goals against.
21. Carolina Hurricanes 6-7-4: The hurricanes extended their point streak to three games in a row this week. Cam Ward is 2-2-3 with a 2.81 goals against on the season. Ward is currently on the injured list with a lower body injury since 10-25. Can Ward kiss playing in the Olympics good bye?