Nov 2, 2013; Edmonton, Alberta, CAN; Detroit Red Wings forwardHenrik Zetterberg
(40) skates against the Edmonton Oilers at Rexall Place. Mandatory Credit: Perry Nelson-USA TODAY Sports
10. Phoenix Coyotes 10-3-2: The Coyotes might have a bad fan base, but that does not mean they don’t have a good team. The Coyotes have won 4 out of their last 5. Mike Smith is 10-3-2 with a 2.87 goals against.
9. Detroit Red wings 9-5-4: We all know the Wings will get to the playoffs, can they win in the east? Pavel Datsyuk has 7 goals and 11 assists this season. The main the myth the legend, Henrik Zetterberg has 10 goals and 10 assists on the season.
8. Toronto Maple Leafs 11-6-0: Their goalies continue to play well. Phil Kessel might be the best player in the NHL. Kessel has 10 goals and 9 assists on the season. Dave Bolland is out indefinitely with ankle surgery.
7. Tampa Bay Lighting 12-4-0: Ben Bishop is the difference maker on this team from a year ago. Bishop is 11-2-0 with a 2.12 goals against this season. Remember he was 3-4-1 last season. We all know the Lighting could score but now they have a goalie that can play, this team is shockingly good.
6. St. Louis Blues 11-2-2: Alex Steen continues to play at a high level. He has emergered as the go to scorer for the Blues. Steen has 14 goals and 7 assists on the season. Jaroslav Halak is 9-2-1 with a 2.19 goals against on the season. The Stanley cup Predictions might be correct.
5. San Jose Sharks 10-2-4: The Sharks are still playing well despite losing 4 out of their last 5 games. The offense for the Sharks has not been there the past week for the Sharks. Antti Niemi should be more recognized for his play this season
3. Pittsburgh Penguins 11-6-0: The Penguins are the toast of the Metropolitan division. Marc-Andre Fleury might be the most improved player in the NHL. He is 10-4-0 with a 2.07 goals against on the season.
2. Anaheim Ducks 14-3-1: The point’s leader in the power conference that is the West. The Ducks have been getting great play from Ryan Getzlaf. Getzlaf has 10 goals and 12 assists on the season. Dustin Penner has been a nice addition.
1. Chicago Blackhawks: The Blackhawks have been dominating teams in their last 5 games they are 4-1. The top line of Patrick Sharp, Jonathan Toews, and Marian Hossa might be the best line in all of hockey right now. What is the “Stanley Cup Hangover”?