Nov 13, 2013; Saint Paul, MN, USA; Minnesota Wild forward Zach Parise (11) looks to pass during the third period against the Toronto Maple Leafs at Xcel Energy Center. The Wild defeated the Maple Leafs 2-1 in a shootout. Mandatory Credit: Brace Hemmelgarn-USA TODAY Sports
19. The Montreal Canadiens 10-8-2: In the last ten the Habs are 4-4-2, Carey Price on the season is 7-7-2 with a 2.12 goals against. The Canadiens have a tough stretch coming up. They host Minnesota, play at Washington and host the Penguins in their next three games.
18. Ottawa Senators 8-7-4: The Senators have been a tear as of late winning 4 out there last 5 games. The Senators had a huge comeback against the Bruins this week. Bobby Ryan, Jason Spezza, and Jared Cowen scored third period goals against the Bruins.
17. Winnipeg Jets 10-9-2: The Jets have been impressive in their four games. The Jets have beaten Nashville, San Jose, Detroit, and Philadelphia. Dustin Byfuglien has been hot lately, notching two goals against the Flyers on Friday. The Jets have Minnesota, Calagry, and the Blackhawks in their next three.
16. The Dallas Stars 10-7-2: The Stars have won four out of their last five. They scored 10 goals in their last two goals. Tyler Seguin lit the lamp four times against the Flames.
15. Minnesota Wild 12-4-4: The Wild finished off last week on a three game winning streak and they have won four out their last five. Josh Harding is an impressive 9-0 at the Excel Energy Center. Hockey writers are still concerned about Ryan Suter’s high minutes. Suter has averaged a career high 29:35 minutes.
14. Washington Capitals 11-8-1: The Capitals are 3-2 in their last five games. The Capitals rallied late on Saturday night to defeat the Detroit Red Wings. Nicklas Backstrom who had plenty of practice scoring goals on TV, he scored the game winner.
13. Detroit Red wings 9-5-6: The Red Wings have lost six in a row. This is a terrible slide for the Red Wings. Remember in Detroit when everyone wanted them to resign Dan Cleary. Cleary has 1 goal and 2 assists on the season.
12. Vancouver Canucks: 11-7-3: The Canucks are 1-4 in their last five games. Their backup goalie Eddie Lack signed a two year extension. He is 2-2-0 on the season.