Nov 29, 2013; San Jose, CA, USA; San Jose Sharks right wingBrent Burns
(88) and San Jose Sharks centerJoe Pavelski
(8) skate by the San Jose Sharks bench after San Jose Sharks right wingBrent Burns
(88) scored a hat trick during the third period against the St. Louis Blues at SAP Center at San Jose. Sharks won 6-3. Mandatory Credit: Bob Stanton-USA TODAY Sports
5. Colorado Avalanche 18-6-0: The Avs are not going anywhere. They have been 6-4-0 in their last ten games. Semyon Varlamov has been impressive this season, but his backup has been very good also. Jean-Sebastien Giguere is 6-0-0 with 1.61 goals against. He is the first goalie in franchise history to start 6-0 in his first six starts.
4. Anaheim Ducks 18-7-3: The Ducks have hit a rough patch going 4-4-2 in their last ten games. The Ducks announced this week that they have signed Nick Bonino to a three year extension. Bonino on the season has 7 goals and 10 assists on the season.
3. Chicago Blackhawks 20-4-4: The Blackhawks are off to their second best start in franchise history. They lead the NHL with 44 points and completed their circus trip with a record of 6-1. They have won six in a row. Patrick Kane deserves some serious consideration for the Hart Trophy. Kane stats are 16 goals and 14 assists on the season.
2. St. Louis Blues 18-4-3: The Blues are 7-2-1 in their last ten games. They are a +32 on the season. They are second in the league with 89 goals for on the season. The Blues are 5th in the league with only 57 goals allowed. Alex Steen should be a Hart trophy candidate.
1. San Jose Sharks 17-3-5: The Sharks are winners of four in a row and 7-2-1 in their last ten games. Logan Couture has 25 points on the season with 8 goals and 17 assists. Antti Niemi is 14-3-5 with a 2.19 goals against. Niemi wants another Stanley Cup and Joe Thornton wants his first.