Dec 5, 2013; Tampa, FL, USA; Tampa Bay Lightning right wingMartin St. Louis
(26) skates against the Ottawa Senators during the second period at Tampa Bay Times Forum. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports
14. Toronto Maple Leafs 16-11-5: The Maple Leafs are 3-5-2 in their last ten games. Newest addition David Clarkson netted his first goal for the Leafs. By the way they play the Bruins this coming week.
13. Tampa Lightening 17-10-2: The Bolts are 3-5-2 in their last ten games. There has been some speculation that Martin St. Louis could be left off the Team Canada Roster. St. Louis had 12 goals and 15 assists on the season.
12. Detroit Red wings 15-9-7: The Red Wings are 6-4-0 in their last ten games. Could Jimmy Howard be in danger of losing his starting job? Howard’s numbers on the season are 6-8-2 with a 2.70 goals against this season. Jonas Gustavsson is 8-1-1 with a 2.03 goals against this season.
11. Phoenix Coyotes 16-8-5: The Coyotes have a hit a slump. They are 3-43 in their last ten games. Martin Hanzal has 8 goals and 14 assists this season. They are going to honor thirteen members of the Miracle on Ice team on Feb 7th.
10. Minnesota Wild 17-9-5: The Wild have struggled recently. They are 4-5-1 in their last ten games. Nino Niederreiter is benefiting from a change of scenery with the Wild. He has netted five points in 31 games. He only netted five points in 64 games with the New York Islanders.
9. Boston Bruins 19-8-2: The Bruins are hot as of late. They are 7-2-1 in their last ten games. The Bruins did knock off the Peguins in grand fashion to wrap up their week. Zdeno Chara scored the game winner. David Krejci and Milan Lucic are tied with 22 points this season.