Dec 21, 2013; Nashville, TN, USA; Nashville Predators goalieCarter Hutton
(30) stops a shot against the Montreal Canadiens during the second period at Bridgestone Arena. Mandatory Credit: Don McPeak-USA TODAY Sports
19. Nashville Predators 16-16-4: Carter Hutton has turned his season around recently. He was 4-3 and mired in a slump. Now he is 7-5-2 with a 2.88 goals against. Seth Jones suffered an injury but he should not be out long. They are struggling as of late 3-5-2 in their last ten games.
18. Winnipeg Jets 16-16-5: The Jets are struggling in 4-5-1 in their last ten games. Ondrej Pavelec is 11-14-4 on the season. Evander Kane is going home with the Jets to play Canucks this coming week.
17. The Dallas Stars 17-12-6: News was released earlier this week, that Jagr said Valeri Nichushkin would one day be the best in the world. The kid is good, he has 6 goals and 12 assists on the season. The Stars meanwhile are 5-3-2 in their last ten games.
16. Toronto Maple Leafs 18-16-4: The Leafs great start was due to some great goal tending. Now their goal tending has been struggling and their record reflects that. The Leafs are 4-5-1in their last ten games. Jonathan Bernier and James Reimer need more help from the rest of their team if they want to contend.