Jan 7, 2014; Toronto, Ontario, CAN; New York Islanders left wingJosh Bailey
(12) celebrates with goalieKevin Poulin
(60) after defeating the Toronto Maple Leafs 5-3 at Air Canada Centre. Mandatory Credit: Tom Szczerbowski-USA TODAY Sports
25: New York Islanders 14-22-7: The Islanders have been playing well as of late, they are on a three game winning streak and are 7-3-0 in their last ten games. John Tavares was named to Team Canada and has a shot at the Captain C. Michael Grabner and Thomas Vanek were selected to team Austria, while defenseman Lubomir Visnovsky was named to team Slovakia.
24. The Dallas Stars 20-17-7: The Stars have been STRUGGLING, they have lost five in a row. Could it be it is hard to play well for an entire year, is it because of the FLU bug that has been going around the Stars Locker room, or have Ray Whitney, Rich Peverley, and Eric Cole cooled off? In their last ten games they are 3-5-2.
23. Toronto Maple Leafs 21-20-5: The Leafs have lost four in a row! If you have watched any Leafs game this season you know why, they give up way too many shots! The Leafs are 25th in the NHL in goals allowed. Toronto has given up 21 goals and scored 7 in their four game losing streak. James Reimer is now at a 3.08 goals against average and Jonathan Bernier has a 2.59 goals against average. The goalie bailed out their defense earlier this season, now they are not making the same type of saves.
22. Nashville Predators 19-20-7: The Predators are hitting a rough patch. They are 3-4-3 in their last ten games.Filip Forsberg
after his World Junior Championship performance was reassigned to Milwaukee. Some good news for Nashville,Pekka Rinne
is progressing with his rehab but still not timetable for his return.