Jan 30, 2014; Denver, CO, USA; Minnesota Wild defensemanRyan Suter
(20) is congratulated for his assist by wingJason Pominville
(29) against the Colorado Avalanche in the first period at the Pepsi Center. Mandatory Credit: Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports
14. Vancouver Canucks 27-20-9: The Canucks have fallen on hard times losing three in a row. They are 3-7 in their last ten games. Injuries have hit the Canucks hard recently. Henrik Sedin is close to returning from his rib injury. Kevin Bieksa has been ruled out indefinitely. Not only is Torts in trouble but the Vancouver Mayor cannot jay walk in Toronto.
13. NY Rangers 30-23-3: The Rangers are heating up; they have won three in a row. The biggest question facing the Rangers is what to do with Ryan Callahan. Do they resign him for 40 plus million or trade him? He has an injury history.
12. Montreal Candiens 29-20-6: Candiens are 4-5-1 in their last ten games. Candiens ended their week with a bang. Candiens were involved in a scrum with the Lighting. How good is P.K. Subban? Subban has been on the ice for than 60 % of the Habs goals this season. In the last two seasons Subban has lead all defense in scoring and been number one in fewest goals allowed.
11. Minnesota Wild 29-21-7: The Wild received some great news. Zach Parise was named the Captain of Team USA, while Ryan Suter was named Assistant Captain. Back in the NHL the Wild are 5-3-2 in their last ten games. In order to jump start the Wild, head coach Mike Yeo is juggling his lines.
10. Los Angeles Kings 30-21-6: The Kings goalie Martin Jones and Jonathan Quick are doing their jobs this season. The Kings are second in the league in goals against, however the offense is not carrying its weight. The Kings are ranked 26th in goals for this season. In their last three games, they have scored one goals and allowed nine. The Kings have lost three in a row. Dustin Brown was named an Assistant Captain for Team USA.