Mar 13, 2014; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Los Angeles Kings goalieJonathan Quick
(32) looks behind him as Toronto Maple Leafs left wingMason Raymond
(not pictured) scores during the third period at Staples Center. Mandatory Credit: Richard Mackson-USA TODAY Sports
15. The Dallas Stars 32-23-11: The Stars had a huge scare this week as forward Rich Peverley collapsed on Monday against the Blue Jackets. The game was suspended. Peverley was ruled out for season and will have a procedure to fix his irregular heart beat. The Stars are currently in the last playoff spot in the West.
14. The Philadelphia Flyers 34-25-7: The Flyers make a big statement against the Penguins on Saturday winning 4-0. If the Flyers play like that down the stretch they should have no problem making the playoffs. Matt Read recorded two goals. The Flyers are slated to face the Bruins in the first round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs.
13. NY Rangers 36-28-4: Martin St. Louis forced his way out of Tampa Bay and into New York. Since joining the Rangers St. Louis has only two assists and is a -1. Rangers have no fear, Henrik Lundqvist has been very good this season. He is 25-21-4 with a 2.50 goals against average and a .916 save percentage. The Rangers are on pace to face the Blue Jackets in the first round of the playoffs.
12. Minnesota Wild 35-22-10: The Wild needed some scoring so they added Matt Moulson and a backup goalie so they added Ilya Bryzgalov. Bryzgalov has only made one start which was a loss. Moulson has 1 goal and 1 assist in 4 games. They are scheduled to face off against the Anaheim Ducks in the first round.
11. Los Angeles Kings 38-23-6: The Kings had an impressive streak snapped on Friday. The Kings are the best defensive team in the NHL had not blown a two goal lead in over a calendar year. That streak was snapped by the Toronto Maple Leafs as Mason Raymond scored on Jonathan Quick to seal it. Marian Gaborik made his home debut with a goal and assist.