Mar 22, 2014; Saint Paul, MN, USA; Detroit Red Wings centerGustav Nyquist
(14) celebrates his goal with left wingTomas Tatar
(21) in the third period against the Minnesota Wild at Xcel Energy Center. Detroit Red Wings wins 3-2. Mandatory Credit: Brad Rempel-USA TODAY Sports
9. The Dallas Stars 33-26-11: Last week the Stars were in the last playoff spot, this week they trail Phoenix by two points. Most people would attribute their fall to losing Rich Peverley. Peverley had heart surgery last week. He will be monitored closely and might need more treatment.
18. Columbus Blue Jackets 36-28-6: The Blue Jackets are one point behind the Red Wings and the Capitals. They have thirteen games remaining with six at home and seven on the road. This week the Blue Jackets take on the Islanders, Red Wings, and Pens this coming week.
17. Washington Capitals 34-27-11: The Capitals are tied with the Red Wings for the last playoff spot in the East. Jaroslav Halak is 4-2-1 with a 2.13 goals against average and a save percentage of .935. The Caps have the Kings, Bruins, and on the road against the Predators this week.
16. Detroit Red wings 33-24-13: The Red Wings are tied with the Capitals for the final playoff spot. The Red Wings have found a star in the making in Gustav Nyquist. Nyquist has 21 goals in 45 games with the Red Wings this season. He spent the first 25 games of the NHL season in the AHL playing for Grand Rapids. The Wings have twelve games left, six at home and six on the road.
15. Phoenix Coyotes 34-26-11: Phoenix has clawed their way into the playoff picture. If the playoffs started today, the Coyotes would be playing the Blues. The Blues are 2-0-1 against the Coyotes this season. The Coyotes have 11 games remaining with five at home and six away.