Mar 29, 2014; Toronto, Ontario, CAN; Detroit Red Wings left wing Tomas Tatar (21) pushes down Toronto Maple Leafs right wing Phil Kessel (81) at Air Canada Centre. The Red Wings beat the Maple Leafs 4-2. Mandatory Credit: Tom Szczerbowski-USA TODAY Sports
9. Toronto Maple Leafs 36-32-8: The Maple Leafs are crumbling down the stretch! They have lost eight games in a row. The Leafs basically need to run the table if they want to make the playoffs. Both goalies have struggled for the Leafs. Jonathan Bernier has lost his last three starts in a row, while James Reimer has lost five in a row.
18. Washington Capitals 34-28-12: The Capitals might be the biggest dissapointment this season. They have one of greatest players in the world in Alex Ovechkin, but they cannot stop anyone. Olympic years do not bode well for the Caps.
17. The Dallas Stars 36-27-11: The Stars have won two games in a row but are only 5-4-1 in their last ten games. The Stars trail the Coyotes by one point with 9 games to play. They have six of those nine games against quality teams. It will be an exciting finish.
16. Columbus Blue Jackets 38-30-6: The Blue Jackets are currently in the playoffs and scheduled to take on the Pittsburgh Penguins. This does not bode well for the Blue Jackets as they were 0-5 against the Pens this season.
15. Detroit Red wings 34-26-14: Despite all the injuries the Red Wings have sustained they are still in the playoff hunt. The Red Wings have lost Justin Abdelkader, Daniel Cleary, Pavel Datsyuk, Jonathan Ericsson, Stephen Weiss, and Henrik Zetterburg. Veteran Johan Frazen and youngster Gustav Nyqusit have carried the load for the Red Wings this season.