Mar 27, 2014; Denver, CO, USA; Colorado Avalanche defenseman Tyson Barrie (4) celebrates with team mates after scoring the game winning goal after the game against the Vancouver Canucks at Pepsi Center. The Avalanche won 3-2 in overtime. Mandatory Credit: Chris Humphreys-USA TODAY Sports
10. Colorado Avalanche 47-21-6: The Avs punched their ticket to the playoffs on Saturday, however, Saturday was bitter sweet. Olympic Forward Matt Duchene suffered a knee injury against the San Jose Sharks. Duchene is scheduled to have an MRI on Sunday. This could be the death blow for the Avalanche. Duchene has 23 goals and 47 assists on the season.
9. Chicago Blackhawks 42-18-15: The Blackhawks might need to push the panic button. They are 4-5-1 in their last ten games, losing their last two games. Could the Blackhawks be wearing down? Do they miss Patrick Kane? Teuvo Teravainen their Finnish prospect has zero points in two games.
8. Tampa Bay Lightning 41-24-9:
The Lightning have been playing good hockey as of late. They are 7-0-3 in their last ten games, winners of their last two games. The star power of the Lightning has shown up this season.Ryan Callahan
has five goals and 12 points since being brought on forMartin St. Louis
has 23 goals and 36 points in only 29 games this season. The real star of this team isBen Bishop
. Bishop is 36-11-7 with a .927 save percentage and a 2.17 goals against average.
7. Montreal Canadiens 43-26-7: The Canadiens have been on a tear recently! They are 8-2-0 in their last ten games. They have won five in a row. Max Pacioretty has been on fire, he has five goals in his last five games. He has set a career high with 35 goals this season. Pacioretty has 54 points this season.
6. Los Angeles Kings 44-25-6: The Kings are the hottest team in hockey right now. They are 7-3-0 in their last ten games. The Kings have won six games in a row. The Kings are a just a couple of wins from clinching a playoff spot. They are being led by Anze Kopitar who recorded his third multi goal game of the season earlier this week. The Kings will go as far as their all world goal contender Jonathan Quick takes them.