Apr 12, 2014; Sunrise, FL, USA; Columbus Blue Jackets goalie Sergei Bobrovsky (72) deflects a shot against the Florida Panthers in the third period at BB&T Center. The Blue Jackets won 3-2. Mandatory Credit: Robert Mayer-USA TODAY Sports
15. Columbus Blue Jackets 42-32-7: The Blue Jackets are in the playoffs this season. They are back in the playoffs because of five reasons: Forward, depth, physical play, mix of youth and experience, great goal tending and confidence. They had more depth at forward: Artem Anisimov, Cam Atkinson, Nick Foligno, Rj Umberger, and Brandon Dubinksy all had atleast 15 goals. The Blue Jackets will take on the Pens in the first round. The Pens were 5-0-0 against the Jackets this season.
14. Detroit Red wings 38-28-15: The Red Wings made the playoffs for the 23rd straight season! The Wings will take on the President Trophy winning Boston Bruins in the 1st round of the playoffs. The Wings are lead by the young gun Gustav Nyquist. The Wings were 3-1-0 against the Bruins this season.
13. The Philadelphia Flyers 42-30-9: The Flyers will take on their rival New York Rangers in the first round of the playoffs. The Flyers sealed their spot in the playoffs with a victory over another rival, the Pittsburgh Penguins in a great game. The season series is tied at 2-2. Steve Mason will have to outplay King Henrik for the Flyers to win.
12. NY Rangers 45-31-6: The Rangers are playing well, they finished the regular season with an OTL loss. They were 6-2-2 in their last ten games. For the Rangers to advance, Martin St. Louis needs to be huge for the Rangers. Henrik Lundqvist needs to be the King of New York. It will be an interesting series for the Rangers.
11. Minnesota Wild 43-26-12: The Wild have gotten hot at exactly the right time. The Wild have won four in a row including a route of the St. Louis Blues. The Wild did have some controversy recently. Mike Rupp was suspended for four games by the NHL for his hit on TJ Oshie. The Wild are unsure of their playoff opponent. It could be either the St. Louis Blues or Colorado Avalanche. Currently the Avs are slated to play the Wild.