We had so much fun doing our Countdown to Faceoff series last season that we decided to do it again. The calendar has turned into September ,we look at jersey numbers from past and present as we count down the days until October 9th and opening night against the Dallas Stars.
Two short weeks until the Blackhawks opening night!! Drew LeBlanc is the last player to wear #14 but it doesn’t look like LeBlanc will be wearing it at the United Center anytime soon. Rene Bourque did wear #14 and #12 at the U.C. at the start of his career before going to the Calgary Flames. He looks like a NHL journeyman and then all of a sudden last year in the playoffs came up big for the Montreal Canadiens in 2014. Bourque was huge helping the Canadiens come up just short of the Stanley Cup Finals losing to the New York Rangers.
Here is a quick look at some of the former Blackhawks #14’s
1. Jack Miller-1949-1951 Miller played in 17 games and only has 4 penalty minutes to show for his NHL career.
2. Sid Finney-1952-1954 Finney played in 59 games for Chicago scoring 10 goals and 7 assists in his 3 year career.
3. Ike Hildebrand-1954-1955 Hildebrand scored 1 goal and 4 assists in 7 games with Chicago.
4. Glen Skov-1956-1960 Skov appeared in 277 career games with the Blackhawks scoring 49 goals 71 assists.
5. Ken Hodge-1964-1966 Hodge played his first 133 games of his 881 NHL career with Chicago, while playing for the Hawks he scored 10 goals and 42 assists.
6. Wayne Maki-1969-1971 Maki played 50 games for the Blackhawks scoring 5 goals and 5 assists.
7. Bryan Campbell-1970-1972 Campbell played in 167 games for Chicago picking up 23 goals and 41 assists.
8. Rob Palmer-1974-1976 Palmer laced up the skates 17 times for the Hawks and his NHL career picking up 3 assists.
9. Germain Gagnon-1976 Gagnon never scratched the scoresheet in 5 games for the Blackhawks.
10. Mike O’Connell 1979-1981 O’Connell played the first 130 games of his 860 NHL Game career finishing with 105 goals and 334 assists during his career.
11. Greg Gilbert-1989-1993 Gilbert had a 263 game stay with the Blackhawks scoring 42 goals and 64 assists.
12. Theoren Fleury-2003 Fleury played his final 54 games of his 1,084 NHL Game career with the Blackhawks, during his Chicago stay he scored 12 goals and 21 assists.
More from All Time Blackhawks
- Blackhawks’ Legend Niklas Hjalmarsson Retires After 14 Seasons
- Blackhawks: The five longest tenured captains in team history
- Blackhawks News: Andrew Shaw Retires At Age 29
- Best Blackhawks Goalie of All-Time: Esposito, Hall, or Crawford?
- The Jersey Numbers Never Worn in Blackhawks History
13. Rene Bourque-2005-2008 Bourque played in 183 games for the Blackhawks during his time with Chicago he scored 33 goals and 42 assists.
14. Sergei Samsonov -2008 Only appearing in 23 games Samsonov collected 4 assists and 6 penalty minutes during his Chicago stay.
15. Chris Campoli-2011 Camploi’s Blackhawks resume was 4 goals and 10 assists in 51 games.
14 short days until the Blackhawks season opener!!
For more Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our Facebook page at Blackhawkup