Apr 27, 2014; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago Blackhawks left wingPatrick Sharp
(10) scores past St. Louis Blues goalieRyan Miller
(39) with defensemanKevin Shattenkirk
(22) pursuing during the third period in game six of the first round of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs at the United Center. Chicago won 5-1 to take the series 4 games to 1. Mandatory Credit: Dennis Wierzbicki-USA TODAY Sports
The Chicago Blackhawks have an ever-evolving rivalry with the St. Louis Blues, and it’s going to be a whole lot more heated than last season. The Blackhawks started off bumpy against the Blues in the 2013-2014 season losing the first three of five games, twice in a shootout. But the it’s how it ends that matters, and it didn’t end well for the Blues. After finishing the season second in the Central Division, they faced the Blackhawks in the first round of the playoffs and won the first two games. The Blackhawks came back to win 4 straight and take the series, knocking out St. Louis in the first round.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Like the Blackhawks, the Blues haven’t made any big changes to their roster over the summer. The biggest addition is center Paul Stastny from the Colorado Avalanche. They still have their key players like David Backes, T.J. Oshie, and Alex Pietrangelo. Brian Elliott will be their number one goaltender after their stint with Ryan Miller didn’t pan out in the playoffs like they all hoped.
The Blues have played 3 games so far this preseason and lost all of them by a goal, once in overtime against the Columbus Blue Jackets. They will play the Blackhawks for the first of 5 times this coming season on October 25. You can expect the rivalry and animosity to be at an all time high between the two teams!
What is your prediction for the regular season series between the Blackhawks and Blues? Let us know in the comments!