Mar 1, 2013; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago Blackhawks left wingDaniel Carcillo
(13) fights with Columbus Blue Jackets defensemanNikita Nikitin
(6) during the second period at the United Center. Mandatory Credit: Rob Grabowski-USA TODAY Sports
Out of nowhere Daniel Carcillo has been added to the Blackhawks training camp roster with only one preseason game and 6 days left before the season opener against the Stars in Dallas.
This is the strangest thing Stan Bowman has done in some time and could prove how much they are not in love with Brandon Mashinter as their tough guy/enforcer after all. Let’s not forget after the lockout Carcillo was on the Hawks #1 line with Jonathan Toews and Marian Hossa until hurting himself on opening day in Los Angeles against the Kings.
This does go down as a serious head scratcher and I thought it was an update from three years ago when it said the Hawks and Carcillo. This could be a one day thing but it sure seems kind of weird to bring in the Carbomb this close to final cuts.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
What do you think? Why did the Hawks add Carcillo now?
For more Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our Facebook page at Blackhawkup