Oct 21, 2014; Montreal, Quebec, CAN; Detroit Red Wings center Pavel Datsyuk (13) is checked by Montreal Canadiens defenseman Andrei Markov (79) during the second period at Bell Centre. Mandatory Credit: Jean-Yves Ahern-USA TODAY Sports
15. New Jersey Devils 4-2-2: The Devils are off to a decent start but if there shootout record does not improve they will not make the playoffs again this season. The Devils have lost an NHL record 18 shootouts in a row. The ageless one Jaromir Jagr has 2 goals and 4 assists this season.
14. Columbus Blue jackets 4-3-0: The Blue Jackets had a milestone week. Sergei Bobrovsky recorded his 99th win this past week. Jack Skille played in his 200th game earlier this week and the Blue Jackets allowed a power play goal.
13. The Detroit Red Wings 4-2-2: The Red Wings are the only team in the NHL that have not allowed a power play goal this season. The Red Wings also welcomed back Pavel Datsyuk this past week. Datsyuk in three games has 1 goal and 2 assists.
12. San Jose Sharks 4-4-1: Remember how the Sharks were 4-0-1 last week. Well this past week they lost all four games they played. Goal tending seems to be the issue with the Sharks. They have allowed 25 goals on the season which is 6 goals over the league average. Antti Niemi is 3-2-0 with a 3.16 goals against average.
11. Dallas Stars 4-2-2: The Stars Jamie Benn is on a hot streak. He has scored in their last five games. The Stars now have a point in their last five games. Stars had defenseman Jykri Jokipakka debut this past week. Jokipakka was a 7 round pick in the 2011 NHL draft. He played 68 games with the Texas Stars last season.
10. Pittsburgh Penguins 4-2-1: The Penguins broke their mini two game losing streak this week. Sidney Crosby was not going to be denied. He had 1 goal and 2 assists in their streak busting win this week. Marc-Andre Fleury recorded his first shutout of the season and the 29th of his career.