Oct 30, 2014; Ottawa, Ontario, CAN; Ottawa Senators left wingClarke MacArthur
(16) shoots on Chicago Blackhawks goalieScott Darling
(33) in the second period at the Canadian Tire Centre. Mandatory Credit: Marc DesRosiers-USA TODAY Sports
Trick or Treat?
Well, Scott Darling is the odd man out in the Chicago Blackhawks goalie triangle and is heading back to the Rockford Ice Hogs. Darling was able to pick up his first two NHL wins this past week while showing although he’s a huge presence he has a weakness and that’s the 5-hole.
Darling leaves Chicago having been the starter for three straight games compiling a record of 2-1 with a 1.98 Goals Against Average and a .933 Save percentage. Darling could have easily picked up two shut outs in his first two outings having been left out to dry by his defense on both goals, but last night the Ottawa Senators exposed his 5-hole and it was abused 4 times with the last goal of the night the toughest one to watch with just over 2 minutes left in regulation to tie up the contest.
Darling proved he has grit coming back and shutting out the Senators in the shootout to pick up the victory, and as we all assumed he was staying because it appears that Joel Quenneville really likes him, he’s off to Rockford and Antti Raanta stays in Chicago as Corey Crawford‘s backup.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
What do you think of this decision? The Blackhawks need another forward so look for another roster move this weekend.
For more Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our Facebook page at Blackhawkup.