Nov 1, 2014; Toronto, Ontario, CAN; Toronto Maple Leafs goaltenderJames Reimer
(34) reacts after a win over the Chicago Blackhawks at the Air Canada Centre. Toronto defeated Chicago 3-2. Mandatory Credit: John E. Sokolowski-USA TODAY Sports
19. Toronto Maple Leafs 6-4-1: The Leafs are hot, they have won three in a row. The Leafs defeated the Blackhawks on Hockey night in Canada. James Reimer stopped 45 shots on Saturday against the Blackhawks, they are the best soap opera in Canada.
18. Ottawa Senators 5-3-2: The Senators have been fooling everyone with smoke and mirrors. Well smoke and mirrors combined with great goal tending. Craig Anderson and Robin Lehner have save percentages over .930 for the season. That is not likely to continue. The Senators are going to fall back to earth soon especially with them being out shot routinely night in and night out.
17. Washington Capitals 4-4-2: The Captials Alex Ovechkin finally recorded a point ending his longest pointless streak of his career. The Caps have lost three in a row and head Coach Barry Trotz says they are doing the right things and are not getting rewarded.
16. New York Islanders 6-5-0: Remember the Islanders hot start? Well they have lost three in a row this past week. The Islanders who were scoring in bunches now CANNOT score. The Islanders have started their own version of the line blender. The newest top line for the Islanders is Kyle Okposo, John Tavares, and Brock Nelson.
15. Dallas Stars 4-3-4: Stars have a point in every home game this season but are 1-0-4 at home this season. If the Stars want to make the playoffs like they did last season, they need to seal the deal at home. Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn were held off the score sheet for the first time in seven games on Friday night. Newly acquired Jason Spezza has 2 goals and 10 assists thus far.
14. Los Angeles Kings 6-3-2: The Kings have dropped two in a row. The good news for the Kings is that Anze Kopitar is on schedule to play this Sunday November 2nd. Kopitar has not played in a week after sustaining a lower body injury last week. The Kings have been outscored 11-4 and are 0-2-1 without Kopitar.
13. Chicago Blackhawks 6-4-1: The Blackhawks have been struggling to score goals this season. They Blackhawks are ranked 21st in the NHL with 2.46 goals per game. The scary thing is that Blackhawks rank first in the NHL with 38.9 shots per game. Something has to give for the Blackhawks. On a positive Marian Hossa recorded his 1,000 career point on Thursday night in Ottawa. Hossa became the 80th player in the history of the NHL to accomplish such a feat.
12. St. Louis Blues 6-3-1: The Blues were left for dead last week. That was before the Blues rattled off four wins in a row. The Blues are smiling even bigger as we are now in November. The Blues are 20-5-3 over the last 3 seasons in November. Remember how this was going to be Jake Allen’s team? Brian Elliot is 4-2-1 with 1.96 goals against average and .919 save percentage.
11. Boston Bruins 7-6-0: The Bruins sustained another injury last week. Torey Krug is out 2-3 weeks with a broken finger. He joined Zdeno Chara who is out with a torn PCL. Charra is out 4 to 6 months. In Chara’s absence Dougie Hamilton has stepped up, he has four points since Chara went down.