Oct 31, 2014; Detroit, MI, USA; Detroit Red Wings centerPavel Datsyuk
(13) skates with the puck in the third period against the Los Angeles Kings at Joe Louis Arena. Detroit won 5-2. Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
10. New Jersey Devils 6-3-2: The Devils finally ended their shootout drought this past week. Before the shootout victory, the Devils had lost 18 shootouts in a row. The Devils leading scorer Mike Cammalleri has been out for the last three games after taking an elbow to the face in Dallas. The Devils do need more production from Adam Henrique. Henrigue had 25 goals last season. This season Henrigue has only 3 goals this season.
9. The Detroit Red Wings 6-2-2: The return of Pavel Datsyuk has energized the Wings. Datsyuk has four goals in their last three games and four assists. This is the best start of Datsyuk’s career. The Wings also get back Johan Franzen, Franzen who suffered a groin injury last week had two goals and three assists before getting hurt.
8. San Jose Sharks 7-4-2: The Sharks are hoping the young Tomas Hertl gets going this season. Hertl is off to a rough. Last season Hertl had 11 points in 12 games, while this season Hertl has 2 goals and 1 assist through 12 games. The Sharks need the young player to get going for now and for the future.
7. Vancouver Canucks 8-3-0: The Vancouver Canucks have won four games in a row and they are going it with defense. The Canucks have only allowed 7 goals during their four game winning streak. That is a major improvement for them, as they had allowed 18 goals in their previous three games. Ryan Miller has won five straight starts and has 1.59 goals against average.
6. Minnesota Wild 7-3-0: The Wild ended two “bad” streaks this week. The Wild finally scored on the power play this season. It was the team first power play goal in 29 attempts. The second streak to end was Thomas Vanek’s goal less streak this season. Vanek was signed in the offseason to add an offensive punch to the Wild.