Nov 8, 2014; Buffalo, NY, USA; Buffalo Sabres goalieJhonas Enroth
(1) makes a pad save on a Pittsburgh Penguins shot during the third period at First Niagara Center. Penguins beat the Sabres 6-1. Mandatory Credit: Kevin Hoffman-USA TODAY Sports
This week in the NHL we saw suspensions, suspensions, and more suspensions. The Great one Wayne Gretzky talks about his future, Sidney Crosby recorded 5 assists in one game and Tyler Seguin recorded his 6th hat trick while Marc-Andre Fleury got paid! Well enough about that stuff, let’s get to it!
On to the rankings:
30. Buffalo Sabres 3-11-2: Are the Sabres Tanking on purpose to get either Connor McDavid or Jack Eichel ? The NHL and the Sabres deny it but I’m pretty sure that’s the case. McDavid is averaging 2.8 points per game for the Erie Otters in the OHL with 42 points in 15 games. Eichel is averaging 1.80 points per game in the NCAA with Boston University. Either way the Sabres offense could use either future NHL star!
29. Carolina Hurricanes 4-6-3: The Canes are 4-4-2 in their last ten games. Elias Lindholm is on a roll for the Canes, he has four points in four games . With the expectation of Jordan Staal, the Canes appear to have everyone back from injury.
28. Columbus Blue Jackets 4-9-1: The Blues Jackets have fallen on hard times, they are 1-8-1 in their last ten games. Without their starting goalie Sergei Bobrovsky, the Jackets have struggled to replace him on the ice. Anton Forsberg is 0-1-0 with a 5.32 goals against average. Curtis McElhinney is 0-4-1 with a 3.70 goals against average. To make matters worse Jack Johnson was suspended for three games. He was suspended for a high hit on Jiri Tlusty.
27. Edmonton Oilers 5-8-11: The Oilers have gone .500 in their last ten games after a rough start to the season. Not all is well with the Oilers as they lost Taylor Hall to a sprained left knee. He is out 2 to 4 weeks, Hall leads the team with 6 goals.
26. Arizona Coyotes 6-7-1: The Coyotes are 4-5-1 in their last ten games. Their offense continues to struggle as their 5 goals below the NHL average good for 26th in the league according to Hockey reference.com. Mike Smith continues to struggle this season, he is 4-7 with a 3.22 goals against average.
25. Dallas Stars 4-6-4: Where have all the Stars gone??? The Stars have lost four in a row and are 2-5-3 in their last ten games. On a positive note Tyler Seguin did record his 6th career hat trick. With all the hype coming out of BIG D, the Stars must right the ship soon.