Nov 5, 2014; New York, NY, USA; New York Rangers centerDerick Brassard
(16) reacts after a goal by New York Rangers left wingRick Nash
(not pictured) against the Detroit Red Wings during the first period at Madison Square Garden. Mandatory Credit: Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports
24. Colorado Avalanche 4-7-5: Many people thought that the Avalanche would regress this season . With the start the Avalanche are having, we all seem to be correct. The biggest reason for the regression seems to be in the net, as Semyon Varlamov is 2-4-4 with a 2.75 goals against average.
23. Florida Panthers 4-4-4: The Panthers have lost two in a row. On a positive note Brandon Pirri dazzles us with his stick handling last week and Shawn Thorton proved that he is really tough. He returned right after taking a puck off his face.
22. New York Rangers 6-5-2: The Rangers Rick Nash is the main reason why the Rangers offense has not suffered despite all of their injuries. Nash has 11 goals this season through 13 games, last season he had 5 goals at the same time. Despite Nash’s offensive increase, the reason for the Rangers struggles is their poor defense, with the Rangers are giving up 3.15 goals against per game this season which is up from 2.32 goals against last season.
21. Calgary Flames 9-5-2: Don’t look now but the Flames are playing better and they are getting good play from their younger players. John Gaudreau aka Johnny Hockey has 3 goals and 9 assists on the season. He had 1 goal and 2 assists in the Flames comeback win on Saturday November 8th.
20. New Jersey Devils 6-6-2: The Devils have fallen on hard times recently losing three in a row. The Devils have been hit by the injury bug big as of late losing Ryane Clowe, Mike Cammalleri, and Martin Havlat due to injury.