Nov 1, 2014; St. Louis, MO, USA; St. Louis Blues centerJori Lehtera
(12) in action against the Colorado Avalanche at Scottrade Center. The Blues defeated the Avalanche 3-2 in a shootout. Mandatory Credit: Billy Hurst-USA TODAY Sports
9. St. Louis Blues 9-4-1: The Blues are 7-3-1 in their last ten games and seem to be figuring it out. The Blues were riding a seven game winning streak until they ran into the Nashville Predators last week. During the seven game winning streak Vladmir Tarasenko had a four game goal streak. Tarasenko, Jori Lehtera, and Jaden Schwartz combined for 17 points in the last five games.
8. The Detroit Red Wings 7-3-4: The Wings were playing well with Pavel Datsyuk in the lineup, now must go without him again. He suffered a groin injury this past week, while in the lineup Datysuk had 5 goals and 10 points in 8 games since coming back from a previous injury.
7. Boston Bruins 9-6-0: The Bruins have won four in a row and are 5-1 since losing Zdeno Chara. Despite all the winning the Bruins are doing, they keep losing defensemen. David Warsofsky appears to be out with a serious injury. He joins Charra and Torey Krug on the injury list.
6. Vancouver Canucks 10-5-0: Did anyone think that when the season started the Canucks would be playing this well? I certainly did not. Ryan Miller had been playing well but was pulled in a ugly loss on Saturday night to the Kings 5-1.