Nov 6, 2014; Winnipeg, Manitoba, CAN; Winnipeg Jets forwardEvander Kane
(9) prior to the game against the Pittsburgh Penguins at MTS Centre. Mandatory Credit: Bruce Fedyck-USA TODAY Sports
14. Winnipeg Jets 9-7-2: While the Jets are playing well this season, they still need something from Evander Kane. Kane has only one goal in nine games this season. Other struggling Jets include Bryan Little who has no goals in 10 straight games.
13. San Jose Sharks 9-8-2: Joe Pavelski is searching for his 200th career goal this week. They need Pavelski and others to get going on offense. The Sharks are 1-3-0 in their last four games and have scored a total of six goals.
12. New York Islanders 11-6-0: The Islanders continue to impress this season. Jaroslav Halak is 7-4-0 with a 2.59 goals against average. John Tavares has 7 goals and 10 assists on the season. New defensive additions Johnny Boychuk and Nick Leddy also appear to playing well this season.
11. Los Angeles Kings 9-5-4: Despite the high number of wins this season, the defending Stanley Cup champs are 3-4-3 in their last ten games. The Kings need Justin Williams, Marian Gaborik and others to get going offensively this season.
10. The Detroit Red Wings 8-3-5: The Wings are 5-2-3 in their last ten games. Their last win was a deceive 4-1 win over the scuffling Blackhawks. Pavel Datsyuk returned from injury again this week. The Wings Johan Franzen continues to play well this season.